studio, oil, 9" x 12", 'Wheaties'
IDAHO WHEAT FACTS:
- Wheat is grown in 42 of the 44 counties in Idaho and 42 of the 50 states in America.
- Idaho ranks 5th in the nation in wheat production with over 106 million bushels produced in 2010.
- Wheat is measured in bushels. A bushel weighs about 60 pounds and will make about 73 loaves of bread or 53 boxes of cereal.
- One acre (an area about the size of a football field) can produce enough wheat to provide your family with bread for about 10 years.
- Besides bread, wheat is used to make cereals, crackers, noodles, cakes, cookies and even licorice!