Thursday, February 14, 2013

2 For 1


still life, 6"x 6", oil, 'I Just Want to Bloom'

Early this morning I went to WalMart to pick up some valentines for my first grade class. As I entered the store several men were leaving with beautiful bouquets of flowers for their sweethearts. The front aisles were lined with gorgeous blooms of all colors. It made me realize the importance of the day and companionship.


Friday, I went skiing after school. I had just scooted off the chair lift and was heading downhill when I heard a frightened voice saying, "I can't do this." "I'm scared!" As I approached the skier. I could see that she was a novice. Her partner beckoned to her from the bottom of the slope in a calm and assuring way.  "Yes, you can," he said. "You know how." "I am here." "Just take it slow and easy." "You'll be fine." A few minutes past, then she started moving, traversing the hill until her confidence was regained and the slope was more gradual. I reflected about the moment and realized it does take 2 for 1! What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment