Sunday, May 5, 2013

Divine Intervention


plein air, 8" x 16", oil, 'Cathedral Rock'

A few years ago I had the opportunity to be in Sedona, Arizona with Jill Carver and a few other wonderful artists as we were taking her workshop prior to the Sedona Plein Air. One of the ideal painting spots was at Catherdral Rock. I had set up my easel and proceeded to do my quick sketch when several people tromped by, then a few more. They all asked the same question, "Is it here?" I wasn't sure what they were looking for, so after several more came by, I asked what they were trying to find. With great enthusiasm they replied, "The Vortex!"  I hadn't realized until then, but I was right in the middle of a pilgrimage of seekers looking for divine guidance. 

                         
Plein air painters from all over the USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment